Walk of Life – Day 24 – January 2021 – Thoughts from the Book of Proverbs
NEW BEGINNINGS – NEW SUCCESS
Proverbs 24: 16. For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.
Most of us think, to be righteous is to be perfect, to be holy, to be spotless and blameless, though these may be true, it is not possible as long as we live in the world. Even the righteous make mistakes, they stumble, they fall, they doubt, they are discouraged, disheartened, hurt…they are human after all. But each time they fall, they rise up. Not so for the wicked, when calamity strikes, they stumble once for all.
It is normal to fall, but each time it is important to rise up, and rise stronger and bolder each time in the Lord’s strength. It is ok to fail, to make mistakes, to trip, to fall, but it is better to learn from every situation, be stronger and rise.
- Failure is inevitable, the righteous person may fall repeatedly. Ups and down are surely a part and parcel of life. Life is like a roller coaster, where you really need to face whatever comes your way.
- You are a child of God yet you may fail, you may fall, you may make mistakes.
- Falling means both falling into sin or failing in several areas of your life. We do not always have success.
- Seven is a complete number…by quoting this number, King Solomon is emphasizing the fact that sometimes the righteous may feel like a complete failure, like all is lost.
- It is also important to remember that failure does not mean God is punishing you. He is a faithful God. When you were learning to walk, didnt you fall several times? Every time you fell, you got up and there were your parents cheering you up to take the next step.
- Your faith in the living God will always help you take the next step forward.
I read this story of a young pastor who had served for several years in a place and there was no fruit. He began to feel he was a complete failure and he said Lord I am going away. These people do not need me. He just began to drive and suddenly in the middle of nowhere, there was a telephone booth, where the phone was ringing. He went in and picked the call and the lady at the other end said is this pastor Thomas. He was shocked. There he was, in the middle of nowhere, in an unknown telephone booth, the number of which even he did not know and this lady is asking for him. He said yes and she said, in the next 10 minutes, I am going to end my life pastor and the Lord gave me this number and told me to call you. With tears rolling down his cheeks, he shared the gospel with that sister, prayed with her and she accepted Christ. The pastor had the calm assurance that the Lord was in control and cared for him and knew his number, even in a nowhere land!! He gladly went back and continued serving the Lord.
It is very easy to give up, but the Lord encourages you to rise. Are you upset over all that happened last year? DO you feel like a complete failure? Do you feel everything is gone, I may never succeed in life. Take courage my friend, the Lord cares for you. He is there to hold your hand like He held Peter’s and say “O ye of little faith, why did you doubt” Do not look at the winds and the sea, look at the Lord Jesus and rise. He will carry you through.
“When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns,
Success is failure turned inside out, The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are, It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit , It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.”
NEW YEAR RESOLUTION: Dear Lord, help me to rise up whenever I fall. Help me never to lose heart, to never give up, to always look only at you. Help me to never give up.